We’re sad to see 2017 go; it was a fantastic year for us here at Cornell Pump and hopefully a fantastic year for you as well. Hopefully 2018 will turn out even better!
Please note our holiday hours for next week:
Monday, January 1st: Closed for New Year’s Day
Tuesday, January 2nd: Business as usual
Thank you to all our customers and have a wonderful holiday.
Our holiday hours will be:
- Friday, December 22: Regular business hours (7AM -4PM PST)
- Monday, December 25 (Christmas): Closed
- Tuesday, December 26th: Regular business hours (7AM -4PM PST)
Thank you and have a wonderful holiday.
Cornell employees and families are enjoying a great December! Santa paid a visit to Cornell Pump on Saturday, December 9, bringing presents for more than 50 children of Cornell employees. The breakfast was a great treat, with specialty pancakes lofted into the air for all who dared catch them (or set on plates for little ones.)
Cornell employees are also going to enjoy a holiday dinner next Saturday with their spouse/significant other.
And employees have thought of others as well—we donated over 1,200 cans of food for the local food bank during a drive.
We will be closed Thursday, November 23rd, 2017, for Thanksgiving, and open with a small crew for emergency needs on Friday.
Visit Cornell Pump at the IA show, booth 951. See the brand new Cyclone Vertical Turbine series, as well as all or irrigation centrifugal pumps.
Cornell is working with IPS to host regional pump schools in Joplin and Kansas City, Missouri, and Wichita, Kansas over the next three days.
School is designed to be informative to operators, engineers, administrators , and others.
For information about attending our two day pump school in Portland in September 2018, look here.
Visit Cornell Pump and see how we can save you up to $16,000 per pump in flush water costs ANNUALLY, using our proven Cycloseal® Technology. Add that to our Cutter Pumps, and you can save money and downtime while attacking troublesome fouling.
We will be able to show you how our complete line of Municipal Pumps can enhance your application:
- Waste Warrior® Cutter – for aggressive ragging and plugging
- Immersible – up to 2 weeks submerged in 30′ of water
- Submersible – Over 40 models, with flows from 80 to 15,000 GPM and heads to 450′
- N Series – solid handling pumps – 2 to 30″ discharge; up to 10″ solids handling capabilities
- Clear Liquids – for potable water and low solids applications
- DuraPrime® – robust construction pumps for bypass work
- Hydro Turbines – reclaim head for power generation; use green grant dollars wisely
STX, STH, STL Self-Primers – wet prime for bypass and plant work
Ron Aceto, Cornell Pump Municipal Market manager was a feature article author in the September 2017 edition of Pumps&Systems Magazine. Ron’s article examines Cornell’s various approaches to fouling, ragging, and plugging, and how three generations of cutters with rotating and stationary elements address the task.
Read the Article on the Pumps&Systems Website
The article offers useful suggestions in operating pumps to avoid ragging.
We’re getting a 3D model of a 10STX pump ready for an upcoming trade show. See a list of our upcoming shows and visit our self-priming pump page to learn more about our popular 10STX and othe self-priming pumps.
Italian-based Cornell Pump distributor Euromacchine has set up four Cornell 6HH pumps to provide irrigation from a lake in Bulgaria. Using a Valley Pivot irrigation system, the pumps are set two each in series, with a capacity of 4750 GPM/ 300 l/s, and pressure of 12 bar. Using Iveco 6 Cly Turbo engines, the pumps discharge into 16” / 400mm lines. The pumps are working flawlessly, providing much needed irrigation to the hot southern European growing season.
Some info about this project:
- Country: BULGARIA
- Irrigation system: VALLEY PIVOT
- Capacity: 300 l/s
- Pressure: 12 bar
- Details: 2 pipe lines with diameter DN400
- Suction point: LAKE
- 2 pump station with 2 CORNELL PUMP 6HH in Serie
- Engine: IVECO 6 CYL TURBO
- Each pump station is composed with 2 pump in series.