We are committed to the protection and promotion of your privacy. In connection with your application for employment with us at CORNELL PUMP COMPANY, it is necessary for us to collect, store and use information about you (“Personal Data”) to administer and evaluate your application. We are the “controller” of the Personal Data you provide us and will process any such Personal Data in accordance with applicable law and the statements contained in this Employment Candidate Privacy Notice.
In order to promote the coordinated and secure processing of your data for purposes of administering the application process, we rely on one or more services and/or centralized human resource information systems that may be operated or administered either by us, by our parent, Roper Technologies, or by one of its affiliates (collectively, the “Roper Group”). We also may share information about your application with other members of the Roper Group in the event that they have openings that may be a fit for your skillset. This notice (“Notice”) provides relevant information about the Personal Data that is processed using those systems.
3. Categories of Personal Data We Collect
We collect Personal Data to manage and administer our relationship with you beginning when you apply for a role with us and through the start of employment, if applicable. For a partial list of Personal Data we collect about you, see Annex 1. If you receive an offer of employment and accept employment with us, your information is processed pursuant to our Employee Privacy Notice.
4. Sources of Information
We may collect personal data about you from the following sources:
- you, in the form of your application, resume, and other materials submitted to the Cornell Pump Company.
- your named references.
- from publicly accessible sources, such as Linkedin, Facebook, etc.; and
- from background check service providers (if we extend a conditional offer of employment).
If you fail to provide Personal Data when requested and the Personal Data is necessary for us to evaluate your application (e.g., work history), we may not be able to process your application further.
5. Purposes for Processing Personal Data
We process Personal Data relating to you for the following purposes:
- assessing your skills, qualifications, and interests against our job opening requirements.
- verifying the information you provide us during the application process and conducting reference checks and background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- communicating with you about your applications and the recruitment process.
- informing you about other potential job opportunities within the Roper Group.
- when necessary and requested by you, providing you with assistance obtaining an immigration visa or work permit.
- complying with applicable laws, regulations, or legal requirements including the completion of any reports required by law; and
- other legitimate purposes which are consistent with the management of the job application, the evaluation of your qualifications for the role, and CORNELL PUMP COMPANY’s obligations to you as a job applicant, or as may be relevant, such obligations which are the responsibility of the Roper Group.
We have not sold and do not sell Personal Data you provide to us through the job application process.
6. Sensitive Personal Data That We Process
We collect and use certain types of sensitive information (e.g., health, race, or religion) in limited circumstances where it is necessary for us to protect your interests (e.g., to provide certain job-related accommodations), where we need to do so to comply with specific legal obligations (e.g., equal opportunity or anti-discrimination legislation or employment law), or where we have your explicit consent to use it.
The purposes for which Sensitive Personal Data may be used include the following:
- compliance with equal opportunity or anti-discrimination legislation or regulations (where applicable).
- background checks for employment (where permitted by applicable laws); and
- in the course of legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings), complying with laws and regulations, obtaining legal advice, establishing or defending legal claims, or otherwise where strictly necessary for the administration of justice in accordance with applicable laws.
7. Recipients of Personal Data
CORNELL PUMP COMPANY shares Personal Data with the Roper Group and certain third parties in furtherance of processing your application. This includes sharing your Personal Data with the Roper Group so that you can be considered for other roles within the Roper Group and with third parties when sharing is necessary for them to perform services for CORNELL PUMP COMPANY related to processing your application. We will only share your Personal Data with these third parties in accordance with this policy, when otherwise required by applicable law, or with your consent. We will obtain assurances from each third party with whom we share your Personal Data that it will safeguard your Personal Data in a manner consistent with this policy. If we have knowledge that a third party is using or disclosing Personal Data in a manner contrary to this Policy, we will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop the use or disclosure.
8. Protection of Personal Data
We are committed to protecting your Personal Data. We use a variety of security measures and technologies to protect your Personal Data form unauthorized access. This includes storing the Personal Data you provide in secure areas or on secure servers and using encryption when electronically transmitting or storing highly-confidential or sensitive information.
9. Retention of Personal Data
We will keep and process your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, unless there is a legal right or obligation to retain the data for a longer period. Generally, this means that your Personal Data will be retained as documented in our corporate data retention schedule.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or CORNELL PUMP COMPANY’S HR Department.
We reserve the right to update this Employment Candidate Privacy Notice from time to time. When we do, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of this Notice. If there are material changes to this Notice or in how CORNELL PUMP COMPANY will use your personal data, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification
Annex 1: Categories of Personal Data and Grounds for Processing
Cornell Pump Company will process the following categories of data based on legitimate grounds for processing.
Some examples of data and the legal bases for processing are set out below:
- Personal Data necessary for the evaluation of your application
- Personal Identification Details
- Identification data (e.g., name, identifying numbers, etc.)
- work and home contact details (work e-mail, phone numbers, physical address).
- Personal History
- Resume Data
- Previous Salary Information
- Background check information
- Previous employment information
- Demographic Information
- Other Information
- Demographic Information
- Assessment Details
- Expense Data
- Health-related information (only where required by law)
- Job interview Notes
- Travel Related Records
- Data relating to work preferences and availability
- Screening question responses
- Personal Identification Details
- Personal Details necessary to comply with Cornell Pump Company’s legal obligations.
- record-keeping and reporting obligations
- physical access policies
- conducting audits, compliance with government inspections and other requests from government or other public authorities
- responding to legal processes, pursuing legal rights and remedies, defending litigation and managing any internal complaints or claims, conducting investigations, and
- complying with internal policies and procedures.
The categories of Personal Data collected may include:
- driver’s license
- health data
- ID card data
- passport data
- details of residency or work permit
- disability status
- Veterans status